What To Do If You Over-Medicate with Marijuana?
Over-medicating with Marijuana can happen when you don’t understand proper dosing for your ailment or condition. This tends to occur when trying a new medicine.
Below are 5 tips if you over-medicate:
- Drink water: Slowly sipping water will help with dry mouth and also keep you from becoming dehydrated.
- Keep calm and rest: This feeling will subside – and keep that in mind. Close your eyes and focus on your breath. You can also try to take a nap to sleep off the effects.
- Black Peppercorn: When the Terpene beta-caryophyllene in black peppercorn and the THC in cannabis are combined, they bind to the same receptors in the brain and can have a calming effect. Try chewing a few pieces or even just smelling it.
- Distract Yourself: Go for a walk, take a bath or shower or watch your favorite movie or tv show.
- CBD: CBD functions as an anti-anxiety and may counteract the negative effects of over-consumption. Ask if your dispensary has any CBD only products.
Watch the video below on what to do if you’ve over-medicate with Marijuana. For more educational videos on other topics, click here.